The configuration files are as streamlined as they can be while getting the job done. The configurations files let you:
- Configure your local file paths
- Express a preference for timeline graphic scale
- Establish your buckets
- Establish your projects
- Move projects from current to archived
There are two configuration files. The first, stopthat.conf, configures the STOPTHAT application as a whole. The second, projects.conf, defines all your buckets and projects.
stopthat.conf is used to configure the software as a whole. Here is an example file:
- The full path to the primary database.
- The full path to the clipboard for the current device.
- The full path to a directory where timeline graphics can be stored.
- Change the timeline scale in the X direction (left/right) to accommodate different size screens.
- Change the timeline scale in the Y direction (up/down) to accommodate different size screens.
projects.conf is used to set up buckets, projects, and move projects from current to archived. Here is an example file:
- A name in square brackets creates a new bucket for projects.
- [old mybucket]
- The same bucket name, prefixed with old, is a place to store archived projects.
- cp1 = Current Project 1
- The project ID and name of the first active project.
- op1 = Old Project 1
- The project ID and name of the first archived project.